[Defender] 149 Suspicious File

Hello,
My website is not yet online, but i have 149 issues. "Unknown file in WordPress core".
is that normal.. i installed Defender the same day as the rest of the site.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

SITE : https://www.sn-groupe.fr.web09.ovea.com/

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hi Mariannne Kramaric ,

Defender as a security feature will be informing you ( among other things as well ) of any files that are not related to WP Core files, or if they have any differences in case they've been modified.

Unfortunately we can't be sure what those files might be and if they're harmful if we don't take a closer look to help you out.

I see that you have added the site on your Hub. Could you please enable the Support Access so we can take a look at what those files might be? You can do that by navigating to your WordPress Admin area, select from the menu WPMU DEV -> Support and click on the "Grant Support Access" button to allow us access to the website and see the report for those files.

Please do reply back here when access is granted because we don't get any notifications about it.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Konstantinos Xenos

Mariannne Kramaric ,

I've taken a look at the listed files and they all seem to be Core files so it's a false-positive list let's say. I wouldn't worry about them since they are actually WordPress files that somehow they've been flagged as non-core.

In any case we would like to take a look and see why this has happened so we care clear + reset Defender to inform you correctly from now on. Maybe there was a caching issue or something weird that happened server-side when you updated your WordPress? It would be good to notify us about the process of your installation i.e. did you first install Defender and then Upgraded WordPress or vice versa?

You can send me the information needed to take a further look privately through our contact form at https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- Admin login ( if Multisite please provide Super Admin details ):
    Admin Username:
    Admin Password:
    Login URL:

- FTP credentials
    Hostname:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:
    Key-File ( and password ) if needed

- Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs -or- information regarding the issue that was not included in this thread

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.