permissions issues

hello.
i need some support for these things :
First : we have tried to create links on these pages (cf. instagram) and we can not click on it. it's not working. Then, on the same page, il have tried to change some settings on the slide show (the height size) but it doesn't change nothing.
http://afrodyssee.ch/crea_grand_marchee/ilab-design/

i have thank that it would be maybe the access permission, so i have put 777 to the folder "content, admin, " etc on the root. But it is still an issue.

i also get an issue regarding "single-crea_grand_marchee.php" . i made some code changes and we don't see it on the web page...

so i thank that i could mabe check on defender if there were something wrong, and i saw that it 's finally deactivated... i reactivate it and i ask me a google authentificator code that i never received by mail...so i can't reactivate the defender...

can resolver everything pleaaase ? :slight_smile:
i give you the access token and i can send you ftp by email if necessary.

Thank you so much,
All the best
Aurélie

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Aurélie

I hope you're well today and thank you for reaching out to us.

Before I address your questions, let me explain first that permissions should never be set to 777. This basically opens tons of security holes and may quickly lead to the site being fully compromised. Please follow this guide to set permissions to recommended and secure values. If it turns out that some of them must be changed (e.g. temporarily for testing or permanently) me or my colleagues will let you know :slight_smile:

It's also worth knowing that configuration data - apart from basic WP itself and some specific (mostly security and optimization related) plugins - are stored in the database so permissions wouldn't affect e.g. slider options settings.

Getting back to the issues. I tried to check your site but

- support access doesn't let me access it and redirects me to the homepage
    - the homepage doesn't show up, it's just a blank page
    - any attempt to access /wp-admin directly causes server-side access denied message.

I must admit that I'm not sure what is happening here and I would need a full access in that case to be able to investigate that so please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) - cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Aurélie

I have checked your site again. It's loading now but I'm still a bit confused:

we have tried to create links on these pages (cf. instagram) and we can not click on it. it's not working.

Are these the icons you're asking about?

If yes, they all seem to be working fine - I can click on them and they take me to social platforms (FB, Instagram and Twitter). I checked this with two different browsers (firefox and chrome) as logged in and logged out user and I couldn't see any issue. If these are not the icons in question, tell me please where exactly I can find those that do not work.

Then, on the same page, il have tried to change some settings on the slide show (the height size) but it doesn't change nothing.
    http://afrodyssee.ch/crea_grand_marchee/ilab-design/

I'm also not sure about this. The link that you shared redirects to the homepage and there's no slider...

i also get an issue regarding "single-crea_grand_marchee.php" . i made some code changes and we don't see it on the web page...

That would be a template file so changes made to it should be visible on a single post page related. In this case that template file seems to be a template file for the "crea_grand_marchee" post type and only no these post it should be visible. If not, that would mean that either the changes were not made properly or the file is in a wrong location or that's a caching issue.

Unfortunately, I couldn't check that template file because the FTP access that you provided via e-mail doesn't work for me. Could you please double-check it and send that information to me again (the same way as you did recently)?

Also, can you please check with your host if there's any cache on server and if so, if and how to clear and disable it? If there is server-side cache, clearing and disabling it might actually solve the other issues that you asked about too.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.