Defender Audit log gives error after activation

Error:

cURL error 35: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

What to do?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Verdi,

Hope you're well?

Is your server configured to use SSL v3? ot TLS?

It sounds like your server maybe using an outdated OpenSSL or Curl, or it's not accepting https on port 443. you could check with your host about this though, they might be able to look further in the logs.

I have also asked the developers for some advice on this for you too, but if you could askyour host in the meantime.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Verdi,

Just been speaking with the developers,and this is in fact an issue on our side with the defender plugin, so until we get this fixed, there's nothing much you can do on your end. Hopefully we should have this fixed quickly though.

Thanks & apologies for the inconvenience.

• Verdi
    • Flash Drive

Hello Hoang,

Apologies, Access is back now. I've deactivated nearly all plugins and am activating them one by one to see which one is slowing my site down so badly.

Ironically, the mentioned error is also gone now. So probably there's a conflict with another plugin. I'll continue my 'research', but will not check the Audit Logging function too (every time I activate another plugin).

I'll keep you apprised of my progress. I expect to have an answer in about two hours from now.

Best regards,

Verdi

• Verdi
    • Flash Drive

Ps. One thing is for sure though. None of the WPMUDEV plugins is slowing my site down or is causing this error. I currently only have your plugins active. You can go in again, although I'll still be reactivating plugins one by one (and do a speed test and audit logging test, after each one).

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Verdi,

I hope you are well today.

I don't think this is plugin conflict. When Defender send a request to verify SSL to the Audit API server, the hand shaking doesn't success on that request, and it return the error you saw before.

I tried to replicate it, but I haven't see anything yet. Please let me know when this problem happen again.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.