Defender - Audit Report

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for your awesome service and plugins. I recently purchased a subscription and so far I've been impressed by the features available.

I've installed the Defender plugin on one of my sites and set up the Audit Logging feature. The site was the victim of a recent attack and I wanted to use Defender to alert me to any further file changes. The automated report tells me that there were:

User
Login: 12
Logout: 2

System
File Modified: 1
Activated: 1
Installed: 1

Content
Deleted: 1

But when I click through to the WordPress Dashboard to see the full report only 7 login attempts are shown.

Should I be concerned that I cannot see any details relating to the System files that were modified and the Content that was deleted?

Thanks,
Adam Taylor

• Luís

Hi Adam ,

Hope you're doing well today!

In the "Summary" section, you can check what was deleted or changed. In the "content deleted" case, you can check what post/page was deleted and the user who did it.

Regarding to the "System files", they could be changed by a plugin (i.e wp-config.php), however, it's always a recommendaded to give a look into the modification, in order to check what was added or removed.

I tried to check your website using Support Access, however I was unable. Could you please revoke and after regrant the support staff access again?

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Adam

Hi Luis,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Your information was really helpful, as it made me go back to the summary page and take a closer look. I'd assumed that all events were visible by default and hadn't noticed the date filter at the top. Switching it back to yesterday's date showed the file change events.

I definitely agree that any file changes should be looked at, just in case they are malicious.

Thanks again for a great plugin and great support,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.