[Defender] Built-In Complete Uninstall Options

[For All Plugins] Can you please include a built-in COMPLETE uninstall feature for your plugins (so there will be no legacy files in the db)? MEANWHILE - Will you please add complete uninstall directions in your plugin documentation -- which files will need to be removed manually, etc?

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Brandie

Sorry to hear that Defender is leaving some old tables on the Database.

I already notified the developers, however, on the meanwhile. I suggest you use the Plugins Garbage Collector, and this plugin scans the database and list which tables are not in use.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/plugins-garbage-collector/

Note, before removing any not in use table, and I suggest you create a full database backup, so, you can roll back the changes, just in case.

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Andy
    • Product Design Lead

HI Brandie ,

Andy here from the product team! We are 100% working on a feature that will roll out into all plugins that gives you full control of a) your settings data and b) your stored plugin data (like form submissions etc) and what do when the plugin is uninstalled.

There are arguments for both sides (keeping & removing data) so we're going to support both :grinning:

Keep an eye out on the release notes over the coming weeks/months and you'll see this pop on through.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
    Andy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.