[Defender] CDN Firewall & Defender

Hello ,
If I am using CDN's firewall (ex: Cloudflare or Stackpath WAF etc ). is it enough with Defender or Should i use firewall plugin ?
And recommend firewall plugins , please

Thanks in Advance

• Nahid

Hey Mohamed !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Thank you for your query. The answer to your question really depends upon your security requirements and the amount of exposure your site is getting towards attacks. The Defender plugin doesn't have a firewall feature out of the box just yet, but it already offers similar features like Brute Force and IP Lockouts along with other awesome features like 2-Factor Authentication, Automated File Scans and so on. Defender packs the most required features into as little space as possible.

You can read more about Defender's features here.

If you think/feel the above mentioned features aren't enough for your security and you'd like a separate firewall covering your site, you can look into firewall plugins like WordFence and Sucuri.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Nahid

Hey Mohamed !
    Hope you are doing well today!

All the firewalls serve the same core purpose, which is, they pass your traffic through their secure network before it reaches your servers and filters out the bad traffic in the mean time. The only difference between them is in the additional features they provide, which you can know more about from their product pages.

In my opinion, if you are already using Cloudflare's WAF, you do not need to use a different firewall solution as it is usually considered the superior and trusted by major internet applications. You shouldn't use both/multiple, as it is not recommended to use multiple services that does the same thing.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further help regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.