[Defender] Conflicting Notifications/Reporting settings

The new Notifications tab has some settings duplicated from the Reporting tab, and they can have conflicting values. Notifications can be turned on under Notifications and turned off under Reporting.

• Jonathan Solorzano
    • Staff

Hi drew_mathers,

Thank you for contacting WPMU Support!

I can see that this might cause some confusion as the modules used for both Notifications and Reporting are very similar. The difference is the context is to when they would be used. For instance, if we look at File scanning, we can find in the Notifications tab the settings to allow notifications to be received once the manual file scan has been completed. As for the File Scanning Reporting tab, the settings would also allow us to receive a notification but in the scenario that you are setting up an automatic scan and would like to get a report of any(or none found) issues during the scans.

You can also check out our detailed for reference:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-defender/

Please let me know if this clears your doubt or if you have any additional questions.

Best,
    Jonathan S

• drew_mathers
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for clearing that up. I totally missed that distinction. Perhaps these two functions could be put on separate tabs labelled "Manual" and "Scheduled" to make this clearer.

On another note, something very strange happened with the text notification of your above reply. The link you posted was changed from Defender to Appointments Plus. See screenshot.

• Jonathan Solorzano
    • Staff

Hi drew_mathers,

Thanks for pointing that out(Good attention to detail :slight_smile:slight_smile:. That was actually a mistake on my end as I had initially provided you with the wrong link, so as soon as I had sent it out, the notification included the initial link. I immediately corrected it and added the proper link for Defender.

Appreciate your feedback and hope you have a good rest of your day!

Best,
    Jonathan S

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.