Defender conflicting with SEOPress.

The admin pages for Defender do not have any CSS on them. I believe this is a conflict with the latest update to a plugin called SEOPress. It is affecting Defender versions newer than 2.0.1. Please check.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Helen,

hope you're doing well!

This is already escalated to our Defender developers for further investigation. Me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here as soon as there's any development on this. Your patience here is highly appreciated.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Helen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Dimitris - I believe this same issue is happening with Branda as well.

I was not using the plugin before, but when I activated on the same sites the CSS is broken. I tested on a site running older versions of SEOPress with new Branda, and it worked fine, but once I updated SEOPress then Branda's layout broke.

• Helen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

A further update. I found this same issue was also affecting other WPMU Dev plugins. However, there is now a new update to SEOPress:
    FIX CSS admin body class

This update has fixed the issue for other plugins. But, it has not fixed the CSS issues with Defender and Branda.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Helen,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

It seems that a developer working in Branda reported this issue to SEOPress here:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-usage-of-admin_body_class-filter-2/

Branda upcoming version (3.1.0) should resolve this anyway, you can still follow Marcin's proposition in the above link that I shared and hard-code the fix in the SEOPress plugin until a future release fixes that. This will fix the admin styles for both Branda and Defender.

To make it more clear, in the
    wp-content/plugins/wp-seopress/seopress.php
    replace

with

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.