Defender database error

Error_log and debug.log are saving database errors from Defender:

WordPress database error Table '***_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT blog_id FROM '*****_blogs' made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WD_Main_Activator->init, WP_Defender\Module\Advanced_Tools->__construct, WP_Defender\Module\Advanced_Tools\Controller\Mask_Login->__construct, WP_Defender\Module\Advanced_Tools\Component\Auth_API::isJetPackSSO

My site is having a lot of issues, 500 errors and 503 errors several times. Can this be related?

I tried to contact the host provider but they are blaming Defender, but the issue is, the logs are saving the database errors for weeks , and I am just getting these 500 and 503 errors now. If the database error is the culprit, why I am getting these 500 and 503 errors right now?

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hey Darryl !

Thanks for informing us on this, I've made some changes into Defender and you shouldn't be getting any more of these errors from now on. This hotfix will be included on an upcoming update as well so feel free to hit that Update button when it lands.

As for the HTTP errors, the 500 is really way to general to be able to narrow it down but the 503 is usually coming up when the server is unresponsive ( i.e. from maintenance, resources overload etc ) so again it's somewhat 'unclear' of what could be actually going wrong.

In any case now that I've implemented a fix for the Defender issue at least, could you be kind and monitor your site for a couple of days and inform us if everything seems to be resolved with the 503's as well? A missing db table error shouldn't be that resource intensive or breaking down things but that depends on the server setup as well and that's why I want the confirmation from you as it's 50-50 if these are actually connected.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.