[Defender] Defender and the WP login cookie expiry

With Defender active I was finding that the wordpress_logged_in... cookie had an expiry date of December 1969 on Chrome and so users kept being logged out. This doesn't appear to be a problem with other browsers and is resolved by deactivating Defender. Is this something you've come across before and is it something that can be resolved as I'd like to have Defender active?

• Turnpiece
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sorry, but on further testing I'm not sure this is an issue with Defender as the site has again logged me out and when I log back in it sets a cookie with a 1969 expiry. This has been happening since upgrading WordPress, but isn't happening on a test site running the same code, so possibly it's a server issue.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Turnpiece

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Defender shouldn't be causing this. Personally, I never experienced that on any of my test setups, I also didn't see that reported yet. Is the test site of yours on a different server than the production one?

If so, it might indeed be related to server. Also, are there any caches on site? Is there any server-side cache? If so, you might want to clear them up and temporarily disabled. Also, it might be good to check both site's and server's time/date settings too.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.