[Defender] defender does not complete the job in multisite

I am using hosting beta
defender->Advanced tools->MASK LOGIN AREA
I set a new URL and Enable 404 redirection
Any attempt to use the admin menus for 2nd site fail and is routed to the redirection url.

I have 3 hosting beta test sites and they ALL fail in this way. So you can reproduce this in a heart beat.

Using 2 domains set and verified in hosting domain admin
Set masking url and 404 redirection
Try to go to 2nd domain site from network admin menu

If I go directly to the domain.tld/maskedurl login it allows me to logon.
Any attempt to use menu in admin area to change sites fails.

Logon to the 2nd site and you can't go to the 1st site and vise versa.

• Lee
    • Syntax Hero

save yourself some time and use incognito mode and no cache. If you logon to both domains in regular chrome and don't close out the sessions you will think that there is no problem. The logon credentials are shared across the logons.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Lee

When you say second domain, do you mean mapped domain for a second subsite or an additional domain used for main site? Please explain a bit more about this.

Also, would you please enable support access so that I can check the scenario? Please follow this article to enable support access: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

I will try to replicate and if needed it will be marked as a bug :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Lee
    • Syntax Hero

domain1.tld
    domain2.tld
    each their own site. 2 sites on one multisite install
    You can duplicate this very easy.
    I now have 5 sites that I tried to use defender to change login path url and catch 404 and redirect. They ALL fail.

• Lee
    • Syntax Hero

could be related. Error in hosting beta log

[21-Dec-2018 15:08:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function add() on null in /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitewide-privacy-options/sitewide-privacy-options.php:359 Stack trace: #0 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): additional_privacy_login_message('') #1 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-login.php(111): do_action('login_head') #4 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-login.php(989): login_header('Log In', '', Object(WP_Error)) #5 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/advanced-tools/controller/mask-login.php(222): require_once('/var/web/site/p...') #6 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/advanced-tools/controller/mask-login.php(71): WP_Defender\\Module\\Advanced_Tools\\Controller\\Mask_Login->_showLoginPage() #7 /var/web/site/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hoo in /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitewide-privacy-options/sitewide-privacy-options.php on line 359

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Lee

No, the above error is not related to the original issue, would you please create a separate ticket for that?

About the original issue, I could replicate that. So I am marking this as a bug and reporting to the developer, hopefully, very soon the issue will be resolved and an update will be released. We appreciate your patience on this.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.