[Defender] defender file scan

The defender scan gets stuck at a certain percentage (not always the same) and never completes. Httpd error log shows the following line, repeated over and over, once per minute.

[Wed Jun 06 12:13:22.377811 2018] [:error] [pid 16527] [client 128.59.160.97:53198] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /var/www/html/tapuganda.org/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/vendor/php_codesniffer/CodeSniffer/File.php on line 1647, referer: https://tapuganda.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wdf-scan

Memory limit in php.ini is 128M

(PS - the link in the "good support ticket" tutorial that I certify I have read in the ticket submission checkbox is a whole lot longer reading than 1 minute! Did this link change recently? )

• Patrick Freitas

Hi etekarts

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem, this is a PHP memory problem.

I can see that the memory limit in php.ini is 128M and sometime the plugin needs more PHP memory of this, you can see it in this moment for example:PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes , in this case the plugin needs 134M.

We can avoid this, and probably others further problem as well.

Wouldn't mind please using a FTP or a web hosting panel navigate to WordPress root folder > Find the wp-config.php file, select and click to edit.

Above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You can use the code:

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’);
    define(‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’);

This is a workaround using the wp-config.php however there are other ways to increase this PHP memory, you can find more information on this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

Now the issue should be fixed, let me know if you need any assistance or if you have any further question.
    Have a Great Day.
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.