[Defender] Defender File Scanner too many files to ignore

Hi Gurus, can you delete the 3000+ files identified by Defender. Given you only allow me to see 20 at a time, and I can only ignore and not delete...trying to do this with 3000+ files is impossible. I need your help here.
Please let me know what you can do.
Thanks kindly,

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Shannon Routley,

The bulk delete option was removed from Defender because we found members were not verifying files before deletion and this was creating a situation where files were getting deleted that should not have been deleted.

However, attached to this post you will find a workaround that you can use that will display 200 records at a time and restore the bulk Delete option. Please note: USE THIS FUNCTION AT YOUR OWN RISK. This is not an officially supported function at this time. Please verify the files you are removing before you delete them.

Instructions:
    - Download the attached zip file to your computer
    - Extract the zip file to get the PHP file
    - Make a backup of /wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/scan/component/result-table.php by renaming the file to result-table.php.txt
    - Upload the new result-table.php PHP file to /wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/scan/component/
    - Go to WP Admin -> Defender -> File Scanning to review what files you want to delete
    - Use the Bulk Options menu to delete the unwanted files

Hope this helps!

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.