[Defender] Defender is Confused

TJHirst.com is hosted in a directory where TeresaHirst.com is the "primary" site. TeresaHirst.com also uses Defender. Defender in TJHirst.com keeps trying to reference TeresaHirst.com and isn't allowing itself to be configured.

Support access has been granted to TJHirst.com

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Protospace

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I tried to access your site but there's some unexpected error. I'm afraid this happens sometimes but usually revoking and re-granting support access helps. Could you please do this for me and let me know here once it's done? Hopefully this will let me access the site then to check it.

I'd also appreciate some more insight on the site setup as I"m slightly confused: do I correctly understand that:

- TeresaHirst.com is a single WP install in some folder, e.g. /public_html
    - and tjhirst.com is also a single WP install but it's in a folder that resides "inside TeresaHirst.com" install (like e.g. /public_html/tjhirst)?

What exactly do you mean by "Defender keeps trying to reference TeresaHirst.com" during configuration - is it trying to put its .htaccess rules there or the scan is referencing files of that other site? Let me know, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Protospace,

I have tried creating a similar setup on my installation with having another site in main site folder but I'm afraid that I couldn't replicate this, both installations are working properly as you can see here:

I also tried using support access but that still doesn't work for some strange reason.
    I'm wondering if there's something specific on your site settings that's blocking us to access it and also messes up with the Defender.
    Can you try replacing .htaccess in both sites with the default rules and see if that will get it to work properly?
    You can find default WP .htaccess rules here:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

Also, do you have any other security or redirect plugins on your sites and if you do can you try disabling them on both sites?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.