[Defender] Defender PRO + ManageWP conflict

Hello there,
I am using ManageWP + Defender PRO on this site and it blocks Manage WP to perform tasks, such as remote updates. I found forum discussions over the issue and i understand that I have to whitelist ManageWP but I am not sure how to do that. Can I get some help with it please?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Adrian

I hope you're well today and thank you for reaching out to us.

Our developers are already aware of the issues regarding ManageWP and they're looking into it, however that issue occurs a bit inconsistently - it's not that it happens "always and everywhere" and we're trying to determine specific factors that affect this.

As of now, do you have these features enabled in Defender?

- Two Factor Authentication
    - Prevent PHP execution (Defender Pro - Security Tweaks)

If so, could you please try disabling them and checking if that helps?

Also, if you have IP lockouts enabled it would be good to check from what IPs ManageWP is connecting to your site and then add those IPs into the whitelist in settings on "Defender Pro -> IP Lockouts -> IP Banning" page.

Could you give that a try and let me know about results, please?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adrian
    • New Recruit

Hi Adam,

it's not that it happens "always and everywhere" and we're trying to determine specific factors that affect this.

I see it's inconsistent, I have the same setup on different sites but only this one was showing the error today.

- Two Factor Authentication

Disabled

- Prevent PHP execution (Defender Pro - Security Tweaks)

Ignored

Also, if you have IP lockouts enabled it would be good to check from what IPs ManageWP is connecting to your site and then add those IPs into the whitelist in settings on "Defender Pro -> IP Lockouts -> IP Banning" page.

Whitelisted the ManageWP IPs

I've also redone reinstalled the Worker plugin, they suggest that when there are connection problems, but It's still a no-go.

Cheers,
    Adrian.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Adrian,

Did you whitelist all the IPs listed by ManageWP on this page:
    https://managewp.com/troubleshooting/general/managewp-ips-can-white-list

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at your settings?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this ticket once access is granted.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Fatih
    • New Recruit

All The IPs of ManageWP are Whitelisted,
    PHP execution is allowed
    Two Factor Authentication is disabled.

BUT EVERY WEBSITE with Defender Pro enabled LOST CONNECTION TO MANAGEWP again, after running fine for 1 week.

What should we do?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

HI faydra_deon

I hope you're well today and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing similar issues too!

However, I would also like to ask you to start a separate ticket of your own because this way we would possibly be able (of course only if you let us) to check e.g. your sites' configurations or ask you to test some specific settings or patches and so on. This would help our developers as this is apparently much more complex and "unpredictable" issue than it may seem - having separate reports and information about cases would give us more "granular insight" into the problem, hopefully helping our developers solve it faster.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.