[Defender] Defender reports unknown files error_log

On sites that I install Defender and run a scan, Defender always reports at least two "unknown files" named error_log. I've turned on support for a fresh install with Defender so you can see. I'm never able to get a clean report from Defender because of this, if I "fix" the issue by deleting the error_log files they just come back.

ALSO:
That install uses the Divi theme (latest version) with a child theme and Defender is reporting stangley that Divi has a security issue and it's fixed in a much earlier version of Divi?

Vulnerability type: PRIVESC
This bug has been fixed in version: 2.6.4

• James Morris

Hello Damon

The reason you're getting the message about the error_log file is that it is not included in the WordPress Core. Any file not part of the WordPress core or registered in the WordPress database (plugins and themes) will trigger this warning. It sounds like your server is configured to log all errors in PHP and your site has something going on with it that is causing the error_log file to be generated. You can disable this file by setting log_errors = 0 in your PHP configuration but this is not advisable as this file is useful for debugging.

In order to help you better with your Divi issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server so I can perform some advanced debugging?

NOTE: Please make a full backup of your site before sending the following information.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Option: I have a different Question

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.