[Defender] Defender Scan not working

I have been working with your chat staff over the past two days to get Defender to complete a scan. We have tried everything they could think of, hope you can help find a solution.

The most recent action was from the server \"As per your request, we have set the max_execution_time = 180\". The error log is return this error \"[16-Feb-2018 17:07:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2097160 bytes) in /home/company/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/vendor/php_codesniffer/CodeSniffer/Tokenizers/PHP.php on line 973\" which is the same error.

Initially when installing the plugin I got a 200 error.

All plugins are disabled and the site is running the native WP theme.
I have had this plugin working on this server before without any issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• James Morris

Hello realdude,

I hope you are well today.

The error you shared is a PHP Out of Memory error. This happens when PHP has not been configured to allocate enough memory to the script being run.

Please log into your server via FTP and open your wp-config.php file in your favorite plain text editor.

Just before the line, /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ add the following code:

// Performance Enhancements
    ini_set("memory_limit","256M");
    ini_set("max_execution_time","300");
    // Increase WP Memory Limit
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

This will do the following:

1. It will tell PHP to allocate 256M of memory for WordPress and all plugins installed in WordPress.
    2. It will increase your max execution time to 300 seconds.
    3. It will tell WordPress to make full use of the available memory.

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.