[Defender] Defender two-factor auth "don't ask for code for 30days" option

Hi. I love that Defender has the two-factor auth as I use it a lot for my accounts. Thank you. I activated it and it works but I'm missing a common option that all the two-factor auth systems employ: the ability to checkbox not to ask again for the auth code for a period of time (30 days - no more). Otherwise it is too much of a pain to type it on each login. This would be asked on each different browser, not per device - using cookies of course :slight_smile: Cheers!

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Chip

Hope you are doing good today.

I consult this feature with developers.
    In Defender -> Security Tweaks you can use "Manage Login Duration" option to set up days how long users can stay logged in.

Currently 2FA is just an extra protection measure and it's reset by default when the user needs to log in again.

We will take a more in-depth look on having a 2FA timer/trusted devices service as a feature, but this can take time.

Let see what other members think about this :slight_smile:
    If more people liking this idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Chip
      • Flash Drive

Hi Kris

There is a bug currently. Every time when I have to relogin after several days as the session expired, I have to login twice. First time I login I get a note saying something about 3 days session ... sorry I can't get that message now as I have to let it expire again which is in 3 days... But that's how you can replicate it ... let a session expire and than relogin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.