[Defender] Defender Two Step

I have step up two step and using Google App 6 number log in does not work but lost iphone does work?

I use on all other sites no issues.

I have enable access today

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello William,

I'm sorry to hear that Defender and 2FA are not working correctly on your site.

I can see this issue on your site (I created new test user and I tried to activate 2FA for that account). I did a quick test on my lab site to see if I will be able to replicate but I could not.

Does this site is on different server than other sites where 2FA works correctly?

Just to be sure that this issue is not caused by conflict with another plugin can you run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as described in getting support manual E. Plugin Conflict Test
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

(please make sure you have backup of your site before doing any changes)

Let me know how it goes.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello William,

I'm really sorry for the delay on my end - I change countries last week and its been hectic :slight_frown:

If this site is on different server and you excluded possibility that another plugin is causing this issue, then configuration of the server might be cause of this.
    In this case we will need have a closer look on this issue (probably our developer will need to take a look there). Could you please send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - if possible include cPanel credentials
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here that you send those credentials

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Brittany

Defender has locked me out of all of my sites. I wanted to pay affiliates and the only solution was to create different directories under my main domain, and not sub-domains. Then I had them to sync up with wpmu dashboard, but now I'm locked out. I truly believe you should remove this feature of the plugin, and maybe create a plugin that's used for that sole purpose because defender keeps locking me out. Luckily, I was just setting my sites up for content, though, it took me over 3 hours to complete. I love the plugins, but the 2F auth. feature sucks because I cant log back into my sites.
    Just a warning! And a suggestion for a plugin that's just used for 2F authorization.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.