[Defender] Defender Update

Following the most recent update of Defender I noted replicated plugin files being generated in multiple blogs uploads folders on multisite. Is that normal behavior?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi wlpdrpat,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I noted replicated plugin files being generated in multiple blogs uploads folders on multisite. Is that normal behavior?

The plugin shouldn't create any folders on the server side. Could you please share a screenshot regarding what exact issue you are noticing, so that we could have a better idea.

Also, please grant support staff access so we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• wlpdrpat
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Still getting the same issue. Less than 24hrs after deleting all the replicated plugin files, deleting and re-installing Defender - I am back in the same situation. Defender is creating multiple replicas of all plugins in the uploads directory. It would be OK if it did this one time for the primary site but I don't get why it is doing this for every sub-site.

Please let me know if this is normal behavior.

Thanks,
    Pat

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello wlpdrpat

This is quite unusual, I never found such issue ever.

We have sent your issue to our second level support team. Please note that, they deal with more complex issues, so there might be little delay. We appreciate your patience on this.

Would you please send me your admin login and FTP login so that our developer can take a look on that?

You can send me privately in the following format:
    1. Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    2. Select "I have a different question" if not selected
    3. In subject line put "Attn-Ashok" (this will ensure that the email is assigned to me)
    4. Provide the wanted details.
    5. Add the thread link in the message so that I can track.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.