Defender does change the database prefix without moving the options

After changing the database prefix with defender, all user roles are not assigned anymore. Background is that the Defender should change the corresponding options in the *_usermeta table as well to the new prefix. so before it was wp_capabilities and afterwards it should be xyc_capabilities.

• James Morris

Hello uli,

I hope you are well today.

I tested this out after reading your report. I created a fresh install of WordPress with only WPMU DEV Dashboard and Defender installed. I used all default options for the WordPress install, including the wp_ table prefix.

I then only ran the Security Tweaks module in Defender, including rename table prefix. I then opened up phpMyAdmin and did a full query on the database for wp_ and _capabilities. I also checked the _usermeta table. In all cases, everything that should be updated with the new prefix was.

So, I'm afraid I'm unable to reproduce this on my end on a fresh install.

In order to help you better with this issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.