Defender frontend blank after enabling

Enabling Defender plugin is causing the the frontend of the website to go blank. Please check the chat transcript for more info.

• Davyd
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Still a problem. Looked this morning and the plugins were still not updated (WPMU DashBoard, Defender, Hummingbird). I logged in to test if I coujld update one. Updated Hummingbird, went back to the site. Its back to a blank page (not an error – PC Windows, Chrome). Works on chrome on an iphone though? But now I cannot get into Wp-admin and the site is not rendering on browser.

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello Davyd

Hope you are well!

I just went through a good debugging session on your site and found this in your debug_log.

[24-Jun-2017 15:44:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home4/username/public_html/coloradosaintbernardrescue.org/wp-includes/meta.php on line 841

Could you please contact HostGator support with the error above and ask them to raise your php memory_limit? All hosts have different limits, if you would like to attempt raising the limit on your own, this article covers how you can do so.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can assist you with any further questions.

Cheers,

Alex :smiley:

• Davyd
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Actually, I renamed wp-hummingbird and wp-defender in the plugins to disable them and the site is coming up fine and I can log in to WPAdmin again. So it is clearly something to do with those two plugins. Please advise.

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello Davyd

Hope you’re well today!

Thanks for sending me your findings. I believe what is happening here is one of the plugins is using more resources than what your hosting server allows for. I would like to run a specific test and figure out exactly which plugin specifically is causing the memory issues as I posted above. Unfortunately the admin information you provided in chat is no longer valid. Could you please send new admin credentials via our contact form here?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

In the subject line, please include this text so it is assigned to me.

Subject: “Attn: Alex Stine

In the message body, please include this information.

1. Link back to this support ticket.

2. WordPress Login URL.

3. WordPress Administrator/Super Admin username or password.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello Davyd

Hope you’re well!

Thanks for sending the login information. I was not able to login however from an internal server error I encountered after logging in. Could you please contact your host and ask them what the reason for the error is?

Awaiting your response.

Cheers,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.