[Defender] IP Banning Whitelist Current IP not accepted

Hi,

The IP Banning section shows the message: We recommend you add your own IP to avoid getting locked out accidentally! Your current IP is 192.87.990.06.

But when I try to add 192.87.990.06 to the whitelist it is removed. A message pops up very quickly (too quick to read) saying something about it being invalid.

Also, according to a search for 'What's My IP' my current IP isn't 192.87.990.06 anyhow.

Therefore:
a) why would Defender say 'your current IP is xxx' but not accept it into the whitelist
b) why is it say my current IP is xxx when the internet suggests otherwise?

Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Simon

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This IP mentioned there is "hardcoded" in the plugin so it's actually showing that very same IP for everyone. It's a bug that our developers are already aware of and it should be fixed in one of the upcoming releases.

Fortunately, it doesn't affect the way IP lockouts work so as long as you know your real IP (e.g. checked with What's My IP service) you can white-list it there plugin will use it for white-listing.

You mentioned that the plugin is not accepting the IP though. It's not accepting your real IP then or only that 192.87.990.06 one?

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.