Defender keeps adding Enfold Theme issue

Hi wpmudev-Support-Team!
In my Hub are several Websites that are based on the Enfold Theme and I'm using Defender to protect theses Sites as well. Now there is this one issue, that's not going away. It seems like there used to be a bug in the v4.2 of the Enfold Theme. This Bug has been fixed in v4.2.1. But even though I updated all my Enfold installations (now. 4.3.2), Defender always marks this issue. If I mark this issue as fixed it's okay for 24h, but than Defender marks the issue again. This is VERY annoying and I hope you can help to fix this issue.
Thanks for your support in advance!

Best regards, Sebastian

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello icseven

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Could you tell me please what exactly is the issue that Defender keeps reporting?

It would also be great if I could take a closer look at that on your site. To let me do it, please enable support access to the site by going to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and clicking on "Grant Support Access" button there. Then let me know here when it's active.

I'll check why it's happening then and what can be done about it :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• icseven
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam,

thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately I updated all my Enfold-Installations today, so I guess we have to wait a little bit for the issue to be marked by Defender again.
    But I have made some screenshots that may help you.

Best regards,
    Sebastian

• icseven
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam, Hi Predrag,

the issue seems to be gone for the one Site mentioned in this ticket. But most of my other Enfold-powered sites now have the issue marked again by Defender Pro. I granted support access to one of these sites for you > golf-physio-neuner.de

Best regards,
    Sebastian

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello icseven

Thank you for your response.

I accessed your site and I can see that even though Enfold is up to date, the Defender detects the issue. You mentioned that on the other site (the one from original question) the issue seems to be gone now - are you also using some child theme of Enfold there or the parent theme ("original" Enfold) is active?

Since the file editor is not active on the site I can't check the child-theme to see whether it might be involved here or not, unfortunately but it'd be worth testing. Also, is there any cache active on server (I see that there's no caching on the site itself but I don't know about server settigns)?

Let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• icseven
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam,

I'm using child-themes for all my Enfold-installs. Some of the installs have caching via Hummingbird Pro. On the former site you accessed (golf-physio-neuner.de), there is no caching active, that i know of. Other sites that are having the same issue right now: villatheplace.com & kopfhoerer-rec.de

Also I can't confirm, that the bug is gone for good. On the original site of this ticket (dalya-hairdesign.de) it is gone at the moment, but in the last few month i always came back.

Let me know if I can help with more information.

Best regards,
    Sebastian

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Sebastian,

Even after switching to parent theme the issue was still there, what I did end up doing is edited your child theme style.css to update its version number and after that, the report was gone.

What I did notice is when I activated parent theme your theme settings were gone, and when I reverted back to child theme the settings were there again.

Usually, child theme and parent theme save the settings in the same place and switching between them doesn't make much difference.
    I'm wondering if this could also cause the older version of Enfold to be shown somewhere and that Defender catches that.

Could you check with Enfold developers if they theme requires any "specific" child theme?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.