Defender Lock out users

Hello,

We're currently experiencing a rather annoying situation. WP Defender locks everyone out of our website after their first visit. The Defender logs say everyone is trying to access images that do not exist on our website and that's causing Defender to lock everyone out.

Sajid

Hello Oliver,
    Hope you are doing good today

Thanks for enabling support staff access for your site right away. I don't see the defender plugin active on your europeantraininghouse.com so I did not tested it on it.

Then I logged in to your kreatix.be site and see the Defender plugin is enabled. So assuming this is the site your visitors are getting issue. But I could not replicate this issue on your site after visiting first visit. In fact it did not locked me out even I tried to access several times (more than 10 roughly). As a logged in administrator user and also as not logged in guest visitor.

I visited the home page of your site to be specific. On home page, I don't see any broken image either.

This issue is on any other page of your site ? If yes then please share the link of that page so I could take a closer look.

Take care and look forward towards your response

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Sajid

Hello Oliver,
    Hope you are doing good today

Thanks for sharing more details. Upon further investigation, I found why it is blocking the request. It is because, on retina screens, it is trying to load 2x bigger images of existing image, that actually does not exists in the folder where the smaller image is which generate 404 error and ultimately user is being locked out (see screenshot of missing images - to open this screen press F12, Ctrl + Shift + I for windows and Cmd + Opt + I for mac on your chrome browser).

I saw, there is a field for retina ready logo image from Appearance -> BeTheme Options -> Global -> Logo.

You have to set retina image for logo too.

Also, you may find other options of retina images for language flags in header and other images on your home page.

If you can not find options, then what you can do is, upload images with @2x on same location in /wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ via FTP program like FileZilla or FileManager of cPanel.

For example, for logo image. Ideally, upload a new image on same location with ETH_BM_FC@2x.png. The format will be, name of the file, append @2x at the end and before file extension (.png). Do this for all missing images and then enable Defender 404 lockout.

During this process, you may also need developer assistance, if your theme does not provide options to set retina ready images.

Take care and have a nice day

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support