[Defender Pro] Audit log; WPMU i.o. Guest

After scrolling through the audit log in Defender I noticed that the guest has quite some activities. However it’s not a guest it’s WPMU. Either on sending a lockout mail or adding minified files from Hummingbird. Perhaps it’s possible to set a label for WPMU activity, Instead of “Guest added new [whatever]” it would be “WPMU added new [whatever]”. It’s not a critical request but just thought it would look better and also easier to look through audits.

Kind regards,

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi ROIverhogen

I hope you’re well today!

That’s a great catch, though it’s a bit more “twisted” than it seems :slight_smile: Quite a lot of these activities would actually be.. from “guest” in that sense that it’s a guest visit that triggers certain actions which then, indeed, would be performed by e.g. Hummingbird plugin. Still though, from “WP point of view” – it’s triggered by guest :slight_smile:

But yes, I get the point and I think it might be worth to dig into and see how we could possibly differentiate such events from the “real” guest users actions. I’ll ask our Defender team to look into it, though could I ask you also if you could please share some more/more specific examples of such evens that you already identified as those that should be marked separately as e.g. WPMU DEV instead of guest?

That would help a lot :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• ROIverhogen
    • Marketing Master

Hi Adam Czajczyk ,

Apologies for the late reply. I hope you’re doing great aswell.

I’ll gladly share some of the events however I will leave out the URL for reasons.

By Defender
    Guest added new Send e-mail “Offerte aanvraag verkaik”; deleted Send e-mail “[form_user_name] Heeft het contactformulier ingevuld op [url]”

Guest added new Send e-mail “404 lockout alert for [url]”; deleted Send e-mail “404 lockout alert for [url]”

By Hummingbird:
    Guest added new WPHB Minify Group “b1773eb9be3b7257d799c83d23ef6040-styles”; Guest added new WPHB Minify Group “f1b1d9e3b3220e54d542378f777571d7-styles”; Guest added new WPHB Minify Group “f854553ed1555fb43959111e66a275cf-scripts”; Guest added new WPHB Minify Group “c967667c19e7a99877bd25328a11c351-scripts”; Guest added new WPHB Minify Group “572c4f3c73f9f6a04af3be50dff536ee-scripts”; Guest added new WPHB Minify Group “e37ec97e6dc6a23ffb7a2dccb7b16db7-scripts”

These are currently the only ones I have. I seperated them here in Hummingbird and Defender but when showing in log I think “WPMU” or “WPMU-DEV” would suffice.

Interesting point is that I have 2 “Guest” added minify group and both have different IP’s

Kind regards,

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello ROIverhogen ,

Thank you for the additional information. We will pass this to the Defender team and they check it and discuss it further to see if they can make those changes.

Interesting point is that I have 2 “Guest” added minify group and both have different IP’s

As Adam mentioned, those actions are triggered by actual guest on the site – so it’s possible that those were 2 different IPs.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.