[Defender Pro] Clean Hacked Site

My site was hacked. Can you help me clean it?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Georgios,

Before cleaning up the site, there are a lot of files and folders which isn’t part of the default WordPress core files, under /public_html folder.

Some folders are pointing to Joomla CMS, and some seem to be custom folder might be created by you manually?

Could you please point out whether you want to retain any specific files or folders? or it’s okay if we could just clean up all these files, and folders, and make sure only WordPress core files are present in your root folder? So that it would be much easier to help get the website working fine as before.

Please do let us know so that we could help get this sorted asap. Have a nice day ahead.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Georgios
    • New Recruit

sorry about my reply

im trying to clean up a whole server that is hacked and messed up….all i said is thank you for help

i think the best way is all the files that are not wp should be deleted.

im trying to get defender pro to work to detect all these files with the built in scanner but i cant get it work

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Georgios,

Sorry, I’m a bit lost with your above replies, and I could notice the ticket has been marked as resolved too. Have you fixed the issue? From the last reply, and giving a quick look at your website via cPanel it looks like you have cleaned up your website and the unwanted files listed.

Please do let us know if you have any further query. Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.