[Defender Pro] Combine plugin emails

Hi there,

I'm only picking on defender because it sends the most to me, but this would be great on all plugins.

A way to combine all of the emails for a single site in to one email, rather than 1000 a week I feel like I'm getting at the moment. All of defenders tweaks, checks and 'everything is ok' emails are an overload, especially as I want to be on top of these as much as possible.

A nice clean combined email on a set schedule would be amazing.

(I feel for this guy who seems to have the same problem and just wanted to know how to turn them off – https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/defender-sending-multiple-emails-)

Thanks,

Ben

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Ben

I hope you’re fine today!

It sounds like a nice solution but before I bring that to our developers, I need some more advice from you.

Plugins such as Defender, Hummingbird, Snapshot – they do various tasks either “on demand” or “on schedule”. These schedules might be and usually are (and actually it’s recommended to keep them that way in order to lower impact on server resources) different.

So, for example:

– a Performance Test scheduled in Hummingbird

– a Managed Backup and two snapshots scheduled in Snapshot

– and a File Scan in Defender

running automatically but at different times. There would have to be some way to “decide” when the “cycle is complete” first but foremost – some of the e-mails sent as a result might actually contain crucial information, e.g. about some issues on site, that should be addressed as fast as possible (e.g. Defender detected some malicious code).

So, my question is – what would be your idea of dealing with that? As a user of these tools, how would you like that to be handled so you could consider it both “not intrusive” and still “useful/fast enough”?

I’d love to hear more feedback on this and I’ll be happy to refer it to our developers :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

• Ben
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam,

The way I see it is as a tab in the dashboard settings labeled ‘group notification emails’. I can select what day to receive this website wrap up email based on the last weeks activity.

Adding an ‘opt in’ (or) ‘opt out’ for certain emails . As most of the reports that run are not same day urgent. Uptime and on demand emails (reports etc) would stay the same and uptime notifications would be my most immediate one to act on.

Just an idea that would save me having lots of emails per site but still give me an overview of the results.

Thanks,

Ben

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.