[Defender Pro] Defender IP blocking Clustering

I recently added a feature request for Defender to pass up its Ip blocks to Cloudflare. However not all my sites use Cloudflare. One thing I would like however, is that whenever one site blocks an IP, I want ALL my sites to block that IP.

How about using The Hub and having a registry of blocked ips (for my account) that all my (registered) sites could look at and download (on a schedule) so when one site blocks it, they all block it.

Ideally that list would have a link (maybe with an auth token) so I can add it to my firewall as well :slight_smile:

Lastly it may well be worth having a "participate in global security list" button that allows the hub to parse these lists and when an IP hits a defined (at your end) reputation, gets added to a global list that all participating HUB users get to block?

Regards

Mark

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Mark

I hope you’re doing great today!

I think the good news is we already have similar feature in plans: whitelisting IPs that way. Granted, it’s “the other way around” but I guess it would be complementary. A good foundation for further extending would also be adding whitelist/blacklist IP/username tab in The Hub. Which happens to already be planned as well :slight_smile:

As for such “bulk/global” blacklisting – this has actually been requested several times in the past already but we also had to do some work on The Hub itself first to make it even possible. Now, with Hub 2.0 “just around the corner” I believe that might be possible so I raised that again with our Defender/Hub teams so they’d look into options :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback and great suggestions for improvements!

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Mark

Just a little update for you, I think you’re gonna like it :slight_smile: I just got an information from Defender’s lead developer that his team has already been looking into such feature and they’re doing some work and testing on this. So, I believe, we are going to have that in future :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.