[Defender Pro] Defender Pro

Need comparison of Defender Pro to WordFence. I have a few very critical sites currently using WordFence if I switch to Defender Pro do I lose any protection?

There was an email maybe a few months back where I believe it was said that some plugins maybe retired because there better alternatives to them. Can you please tell me which of the plugins you guys will continue updating and improving?

Thanks

Paul

• Mhamdi Youssef
    • Flash Drive

Hello Paul

I hope you are doing well today, and thank you for reaching to us :slight_smile:

I have made some researches about WordFence comparing to our Defender plugin, and as I could see the main difference is that Defender does not have a firewall, so if you want that, it'd be best if you enable that at the server level.

Here are some features available in Defender Pro:

For more information about Defender Pro, please have a look at these docs:

Defender Documentation

Defender Documentation 2

– Site to download Defender Pro: Defender Pro

Also, here are some features available in Wordfence Premium:

For more information about Wordfence Premium, please have a look at their site:

Wordfence Plugin

Also, abut your Question:

I have a few very critical sites currently using WordFence if I switch to Defender Pro do I lose any protection?

I don't really think that you will lose your protection since both plugins work individual and can reach the same goal which is that they will protect your site :slight_smile:

Also, if you would like to check this thread where some members shared their experience with both plugins as well: WPMU Defender vs the Competition

I hope this helps you get more information about both plugins, now moving to our retired plugins :wink:

About your Question about our retired plugins:

Can you please tell me which of the plugins you guys will continue updating and improving?

We had couple of cases where members got misinformed on how we're handling retired plugins in fact, it is not just some plugins but 90% of our plugins are free now in Github.

Also, we do still support them and fix critical issues as well, but they are no longer actively developed, so there won't be any update for new features in these retired plugins.

Please take a look at our legacy-plugins blog and Github as well:

legacy-plugins .

Github .

The only plugins that we still developing and updating them with new features are in this page: Our Plugins .

Well, I think that I made a long explication and comparison here, but hopefully you can find this useful :slight_smile:

However, I hope our members can share their experience in this matter too.

I hope you have a great day ahead also I hope I could help you here :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Youssef.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.