[Defender Pro] defender pro update crashes sites

when we are updating the defender pro plugin its crashing our websites with this error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site::get_wpmudev_branding() in /var/sites/h/honesbusinesspark.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/main-activator.php:48 Stack trace: #0 /var/sites/h/honesbusinesspark.co.uk/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WD_Main_Activator->prepareBrandingInfo('':wink: #1 /var/sites/h/honesbusinesspark.co.uk/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /var/sites/h/honesbusinesspark.co.uk/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /var/sites/h/honesbusinesspark.co.uk/public_html/wp-settings.php(394): do_action('plugins_loaded':wink: #4 /var/sites/h/honesbusinesspark.co.uk/public_html/wp-config.php(201): require_once('/var/sites/h/ho…':wink: #5 /var/sites/h/honesbusinesspark.co.uk/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/var/sites/h/ho…':wink: #6 /var/sites/h/honesbusinesspark.co.uk/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/var/sites/h/ho…':wink: #7 /var/sites/h/honesbusinesspar in /var/sites/h/honesbusinesspark.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/main-activator.php on line 48

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Mel Farmer

I have just tested the latest version of Defender on my test site and it worked fine without any issue.

Would you please let me know about the following?

1. Do you have latest version of WPMU Dev Dashboard plugin active?

2. Do you have any server level cache like varnish?

3. Do you have opcache setup?

Also, would you please send me your admin login and cPanel (for file management and DB) details?

You can send me privately in the following format:

1. Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

2. Select “I have a different question” if not selected

3. In subject line put “Attn-Ashok” (this will ensure that the email is assigned to me)

4. Provide the wanted details.

5. Add the thread link in the message so that I can track.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.