[Defender Pro] Error in Defender

Hey guys,

I appreciate that you guys have relegated some plugins to github but you did mention that you would still be providing security patches to them.

I got an error from Defender regarding your Custompress plugin.

"We've identified some code in export.php that could be a potential security weakness. We recommend you take a look to be sure everything is OK and contact your developer if you need help fixing the issue. Sometimes these checks are false positives, so if you know the code is harmless you can ignore this warning. Alternately you can choose delete this file, but be sure to perform a backup and double-check the file isn't required by a plugin or theme to run correctly.

File Location: /home/myhematology/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custompress/ui-admin/export.php

The function eval called at line 9 column 2, which should be avoided whenever possible."

• Mhamdi Youssef
    • Flash Drive

Hello @mike322!

I hope you are doing well today! and thank you for reaching to us :slight_smile:

I forwarded this security warning that you have after replicating the same on my end to our developer, and it didn’t take too long for him to replay to me that this warning is not harming for the site or for the plugin itself.

Also, I made some researches about the Eval() construct in term of using, and I could find that is very dangerous in some cases when someone misuses it, but with our developers NO worries at all as it is not using any personal data or anything sensible.

I suggest you to just ignore this warning as it isn’t harming anything on your site.

Hope this helps, Have a great day!

Best regards,

Youssef

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.