[Defender Pro] Integrate Defender and Cloudflare

You already have Hummingbird integrated with Cloudflare, It would be good to integrate Defender as well, so any Temporary/Permanent blocks could be forwarded to Cloudflare to be blocked before it even reaches the website/server.

Regards

Mark

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Mark

I hope you’re well today!

I’m not sure what exact options does CloudFlare API provide but as far as I’m aware, it’s quite robust. Such integration sounds like a good idea to me and I believe ability to actually apply lockouts on CF level would be great.

I’ve passed this over to our Defender team already for further consideration.

I’d also like to ask you if you think there are any other aspects of Defender that could benefit from such integration. CloudFlare itself has plenty of tools/options built in so there might be other areas too. What do you think?

Best regards,

Adam

• Mark
    • Flash Drive

Well I can say that the Cloudflare API does support it (I actually use https://configserver.com/cp/csf.html on my servers, this has exactly this functionality via the Cloudflare api).

My Ideal would be that once one of my sites blocks (temporarily or permanent) an IP OR a Browser String, it could trigger a block in all the others I manage as well. Ideally it could further pass that on to a server side firewall and Cloudflare (where appropriate). I currently have CSF doing that for server level attacks, but obviously some attacks are not triggeredat that level and then Defender becomes the “last line of defence” so to speak, having Defender communicate with the up stream gateways would make a lot of sense to me.

Cloudflare has a multi-layered protection level so you can tell it to Block (permanently or for a period of time) OR you can tell it to throw up the “human detector” if you aren’t sure, It can also supply lists of “blocks” AND it can do account wide blocks as well (rather than just for the domain we are looking at) so being able to configure that would be really good.

Regards

Mark

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Mark

Thank you for your response and feedback!

To sum it up – we’re generally “staying” with this integration in the “lockout area” then :slight_smile: I think that would fit-in Defender’s core features really well!

I’m pretty sure our developers would be able to find a way to achieve a nice integration, though I’m not able to give you any ETA on this. I’ve already passed that over to the Defender team for further “look up” and I’ll definitely advocate for it as it’s surely worth implementing :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.