[Defender Pro] Spam Comment Blocker

It would be great to have something to block Spam Comments. It could be a new feature within Defender or a brand new plugin. There are other plugins like this (ie, Clean Talk) but I would love to have something for it within my dashboard.

• Tony G
    • Mr. LetsFixTheWorld

Rebecca ( Frankel Media ) I see you’re a new member here. Welcome to the community. I’m not sure if you’re also new to WordPress but Akismet has been the industry standard spam-comment blocker for years. It’s supported by Automattic, the same folks who produce WordPress itself. I strongly recommend using Akismet rather than supporting spam-comment blocking in Defender.

I’ve written more on my thoughts about this topic here.

Or in other words….

:nerd: :zipper_mouth:

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Frankel Media,

Thanks for your suggestion, I don’t think that we have any plans of creating a new plugin for spam as of now and I don’t personally think that the Defender would be the best fit for such feature but I will pass it over to our management team so they can discuss it further :slight_smile:

And as Tony mentioned at the moment there are some great solutions already like Akismet he mentioned and many more like Anti-Spam Bee and others.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.