[Defender Pro] Suspicious File Wont Delete

I recently installed defender on my site – cheseldineautogroup.com and it found a suspicious file. I tried to delete it through the defender dashboard but it would not delete. I also tried to go onto the cpanel and delete and it still won't delete. Can you advise me of what I should do next. I also noticed this same file in another account. I'm sure it must be a hack. Thanks

• Kris
    • Support

Hi debbien

Hope you are doing good today.

Could be the issue with file permission so file cannot be delete. There could be also backdoor or script which i run all the time and check does file exist -> if not (like it is delete) script re-create file over and over again.

To help you better with this issue I will need below additional data.

Please send it through our secure contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and make sure that subject is “I have a different question” and:

– Mark to my attention: ATTN: Kris Tomczyk

– Site access (login url / username / password)

– cPanel credentials (login url / username / password / port)

– Link back to this thread

Please don’t share any sensitive information (i.e credentials) in the Support Forum, it has public visibility and everyone will have access to it.

Please confirm here in thread that you have sent that message.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello debbien

I have just deleted a suspicious file, and it worked fine for me.

Would you please try again and let me know? If it takes some time, after deleting, refresh the page.

Make sure you check the file before deleting that the file is really suspicious or not.

Let us know how it goes now.

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.