[Defender Pro] Unable to enable GeoIP blocking in Defender

Hi,

I try to enable GeoIP blocking in Defender.

But after downloading the Maxmind database, i get this error message :

"Can't detect current country, it seem your site setup in localhost environment"

How does Defender determine the current Country, and where can i configure this?

Regards,

Robert

• Mhamdi Youssef
    • Flash Drive

Hello Systeembeheer

I hope you are doing well today!

I double checked your site > Defender and I couldn't replicate the same, since everything looks good for me :slight_smile:

I could test to lockout a country and whitelist it as well without any issue, also, I couldn't get your issue anywhere before testing and after testing.

Screenshot:

about your Questions:

How does Defender determine the current Country, and where can i configure this?

I couldn't get in touch with our developer but I think that Defender uses the IP location to detect any member and his country as well. How can you configure that! I suppose that you can't, as I made some researches and couldn't find anything related to this.

Here is the full docs for our Defender Pro:

– Defender Documentation_1: Document_1

– Defender Documentation_2: Document_2:

I hope this helps, and please if you need further help please don't hesitate :slight_smile:

We are happy to help you.

Best regards,

Youssef

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Systeembeheer,

hope you're doing well!

I gave this another try and I can also ban some countries via Defender Pro -> IP Lockouts -> IP Banning -> Locations -> Blacklist.

Testing with my own country temporarily, seemed to be working well:

If you're still experiencing this, could you please retry from an incognito browser window, without using any browser extensions? Let me know how that goes. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.