[Defender] Quick Setup screen keeps re-appearing

Strange issue: the Quick Setup screen in Defender keeps re-appearing, either when I visit the plugin’s Dashboard screen again after a few minutes, or when I logout and back in again.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Mohamed

Seems an entry in the DB is corrupted. Would you please send me your admin login and cPanel details (for file management and DB check)?

You can send me privately in the following format:

1. Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

2. Select “I have a different question” if not selected

3. In subject line put “Attn-Ashok” (this will ensure that the email is assigned to me)

4. Provide the wanted details.

5. Add the thread link in the message so that I can track.

I will take a look. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• MichaelT
    • New Recruit

I have the same or similar problem. Sometimes it acts as if I’ve just installed Defender when I’ve used it for a long, long time and the quick setup window pops up. It happened again today and then I noticed that IP Lockouts is not activated and I’m pretty darn sure I’ve set all of this up in the past. I seem to have to do it again and again. It’s been very confusing. Help!

My website is hosted with wpmudev. Thank you!

• MichaelT
        • New Recruit

Thanks, Kris!

Sorry for the delay. Things have been working properly despite the drop down still appearing. I think what is going on here is that I’m using and old version of Firefox on one of my equally old laptops. That’s where the problem occurs. I discovered this when trying to take your advice and chat with a live support agent from that laptop. I couldn’t do it. I can’t even login to wpmudev from there anymore. So, that’s how I figured it was a failure on this end and not Defender. I was able to check on my new iPad and no drop down quick setup window appeared when I went into Defender. In the meantime I’ve just been back to work as usual. Hope this explains the reason for the issue. I’ll let you know if it doesn’t. Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.