Defender scan is hanging

When I try a Defender scan, it hangs and never finish. I think this is not isolated problem, seems to happen in all my sites.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi marge,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately this seems to be a compatibility issue with the latest update in SG Optimizer plugin. The scan works, if you disable the SG Optimizer plugin temporarily. I’m bringing this into our developers attention to see whether there is any improvement that could be done within the plugin side to help get this issue fixed.

Will keep you posted once we get further feedback from the developer asap. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi marge,

I got a feedback regarding this from our developer, and they have come up with a patch. We would like to know whether you are comfortable with us installing the latest beta version of Defender in your site, so that we could further troubleshoot whether the issue still exists, or not?

Please do let us know so that we could help get this sorted asap. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• Kris
    • Support

Hi marge

I apologize for the delay. I spoke with developer and he still investigate this case for you. Still some issue exist and Beta version does not solve it. We will post an update here as soon as more information is available. Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Kris
    • Support

Hi marge

I consult this with developer. It works for site we talk about in this ticket, which is turningpointnutrition.com. Our developer replace on that site Defender files from beta which have fix for this issue.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

In this post you can see attachment of defender beta.

Please follow those steps to replace Defender files on other sites:

– On your PC unzip and rename the plugin folder to wp-defender-new

– Upload that to your server in /wp-content/plugins/ folder

– Rename the existing folder name from wp-defender to wp-defender-old

– Rename wp-defender-new to wp-defender

This way you keep all of your settings and get a minimum of downtime due to the plugin/theme not being available.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi marge,

Seems like there was confusion regarding checking the correct site. I have installed the above shared beta version plugin in your lighterdayz.com website, and Defender File Scanning is working fine now.

A fix regarding this will be released soon, you can follow the steps mentioned in the previous reply to install the beta in other websites, until the next plugin update.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/defender-scan-is-hanging#post-1367023

Please make sure to clear the browser cache before running a Defender Scan when testing the beta version in other websites.

Please let us know if you still have any further query. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.