Defender scan never ends

Defender scan never ends can I have some assistance, it's a fresh install of wordpress.

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Guto-

We are aware of this bug and have our developers working on it as we speak. The problem is, that our members do not have the option right now to manually stop or restart the scan. So if it gets hung up, then it stays hanging. Have you tried deleting the plugin completely from the plugins? Then re-installing and see if the scan is gone? In most cases it may still be there, but some of our members have resolved the problem with that course of action. I do apologize for the inconvenience, and rest assure we are doing everything we can to rectify the problem in a timely fashion.

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Guto-

In the meantime, if you could please provide me with your current debug log. So I can look into this further, I would greatly appreciate it. In the wordpress codex, there is a Debugging Documentation that goes through how you can accomplish this. Essentially, I would need for you to go into your root directory where your core wordpress installation resides and find the wp-config.php file. Then open that up in your code editor of choice and you will want to set your WP_DEBUG to true if you have it. If not then you will need to add these three additional codes to your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    If you are working on a live site, setting the WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY to false will keep it from showing any php errors on the front end.

Once you update your wp-config.php file, go back into wordpress, and try to scan with Defender. This will allow us to gain data as to what is causing the problem, and further our ability to come up with a path to resolution.

After you attempt the scan and in the advent it fails or gets hung up again, then please go back into your root directory and find wp-content > debug.log and send us an attachment of that debug log for us to look into.

See image below for a visual representation:

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support