[Defender] Two Factor Authentication failing

I'm trying to setup two factor authentication on my website and it's not recognising my code.

This was working - before the latest update and failed after I updated to WordPress 5 and latest plugins.

To test, I've set up a new site with only Defender enabled and I'm still having the problem. I use 2FA in multiple places and my application is working just fine.

I've given you support access to my scratch site to test this.

• Ashik

Hi Charly,

Thank you for reaching WPMU DEV support. Hope you're doing well today.

For troubleshooting purpose, I've created 2 new accounts for us on your site. Hope you won't mind as it is a test site just you mentioned. After fixing the issue, please delete those accounts. I could notice the same issue on my own account too. I assume it's because your site host time can't sync with the global time.

For further troubleshooting, I'll need your site cPanel/FTP access. Would you mind providing that? Please, don't leave your login details on this ticket. Use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this below template.

Subject: "Attn: Ashikur Rahman"

- cPanel/FTP credentials (host/username/password)-
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you've selected "I have a different question" for your topic. So, it doesn't go back to the forum. The subject line ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here that you sent those credentials.

Important Note: For testing purpose, I've logged out your WPMU DEV account. Please do login again into your Dashboard > WPMU DEV account. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Feel free to reply here if you've any more questions or concerns. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Ashik

• Ashik

Hi Charly,

Thank you for sending the required info.

After inspecting your site I didn't find anything that could fix the issue in a minute. So, I'm going to escalate this to the plugin developers for more troubleshooting as it requires deeper debugging by an expert. Plugin developers will take a look into it and back to you here with a solution. Kindly note that they work on this kind of more complex issues. So, they might delay here to respond. I expect your patience on it.

Feel free to reply here if you've any more questions or concerns. Have a great day.

Regards,
    Ashik

• Ashik

Hi Charly,

Thank you for the additional info. I've already passed it to the developers that, two-step verification stopped working after updating to WordPress 5.0. Developers are working hard to fix it. A new update will be pushed soon. But I don't have any confirm ETA at this moment. I expect your patience on this.

Feel free to reply here if you've any more questions or concerns about this issue. Have a great day.

Regards,
    Ashik

• Ashik

Hello Charly,

Hope you're doing well.

I apologize for the delay response. After inspecting your site our developers are agreed on that the issue isn't a bug of Defender. Hence it's an issue with your server timezone. I would request you contact your hosting provider and ask to check time() function to see the time difference. They could find and fix the issue in this way.

Sorry, but your given FTP credential isn't working as I've tried so far. So, can't check the time() function on my own. Please let us know how it goes

For further assistance on this issue, we'll need your site cPanel/FTP login info. Please check the first reply of this thread and send credential by following the requested method.

Don't hesitate to reply here for any questions or concerns. Have a great day ahead.

Regards,
    Ashik

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.