Defender "update old security keys" message remains after regenerating

The "update security keys" remains as a warning on my site, even after successfully updating the keys and re-logging in.
I've tried several times now, but the message just won't go away.
The plugin isn't giving extra warnings and there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with the site presently.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello David,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I understand that you were able to confirm that those keys were indeed updated, right? In this case it would mean that it's a "false notification" and I'd actually start with "blaming" some cache.

Do you have any caching plugins (apart from Hummingbird) on site? If yes, clear the caches and re-check that. If there are any caches on server - especially something like Redis, Varnish or Memcached or the site is hosted on SiteGround - make sure that all the server side caches are cleared as well.

Then, if that's not the case or doesn't help, go to the "Hummingbird -> Advanced Tools -> Database Cleanup" page (I believe you do have Hummingbird installed on site) and use it to clear "Expired Transient" (and then "All Transient" if that doesn't help).

If that still doesn't work, let me know and enable support access to the site (by going to "WPMU DEV -> Support" and clicking on "Grant support access" button there) so I could take a closer look at this, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.