[Defender] Updraft Critical Error for Defender

Searched the forums and couldn't find anything similar. (If I missed it, my apologies -- can you provide a link?)

Here's the error I get in my Updraft Email Log:

[CRITICAL] : Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /nas/content/live/XXXXXX/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/audit/controller/main.php:317
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: WP_Defender\Module\Audit\Controller\Main->auditReportCron()
#1 /nas/content/live/XXXXXX/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 /nas/content/live/XXXXXX/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#3 /nas/content/live/XXXXXX/wp-includes/plugin.php(515): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /nas/content/live/XXXXXX/wp-cron.php(126): do_action_ref_array('auditReportCron', Array)
#5 {main}
thrown
[CRITICAL] : Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /nas/content/live/XXXXXX/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/audit/controller/main.php:317
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: WP_Defender\Module\Audit\Controller\Main->auditReportCron()
#1 /nas/content/live/XXXXXX/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 /nas/content/live/XXXXXX/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#3 /nas/content/live/XXXXXX/wp-includes/plugin.php(515): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /nas/content/live/XXXXXX/wp-cron.php(126): do_action_ref_array('auditReportCron', Array)
#5 {main}
thrown

Since this is marked as critical I assume I need to take some sort of action. Thank you in advance for your help! :wink:

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi WPMuse,

I don't we have got any reports about this before, and I also can't replicate it on my installation.

Can you tell me a bit more about those Updraft emails, are those email notifications from UpdraftPlus backup plugin sent when the backup is performed?

The error might be happening because Defender is having issues connecting to our servers to fetch the Audit logs, so can you tell me if there's any other security plugins installed on your site, like a firewall or something like that?

I will also pass this over to our devs to check it out but info on above questions should help them to find the culprit to this :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• WPMuse

Howdy!

Thanks for the response! Today's Updraft Email Log did not include the critical error that I provided to you.

The emails are generated by a staging site I have on WPEngine that I use to play with Gutenberg. I do not have any other security plugins installed. The site is blocked from public access and only displays for users (just me) that are logged in. So maybe that's why?

I did check the production site logs to see if the same error was in the logs and it was not --instead I found a whole bunch of Hummingbird errors. Should I open another ticket for that?

Nothing has changed on the site since I posted to you but the error seems to be intermittent since it was not in today's report. I can't let you know if this happens again on the staging site. :wink:

Appreciate the help!

Judith

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Judith,

If it does happen again please let us know if you noticed any specific action that was performed when the error happened as that should help us pinpoint the cause.

As for the Hummingbird errors, it would be best to open separate ticket for that since I already flagged this one for Defender devs and starting to dig around HB here can just get it too confusing.

You can paste your errors in that new ticket and we'll be looking into it asap.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.