Defender vs. Wordfence and iThemes Security

Hi,
I use Wordfence and iThemes Security plugins now.
I think about moving to only one plugin - your Defender.
1) Do you think my sites will be as safe as with this two plugins?
2) Do you think my sites will load faster with only Defender instead of that two plugins?
Thanks,
Jiri

• Gina

I have used wordfence and defender and not noticed any particular difference in speed or any apparent difference in safety (in both cases no sites have been hacked so far). If you have multiple sites it might be better to change over just a small percentage of them to start with and see how your site(s) respond and how you like the plugin - if your sites are on different hosts and have different themes and plugin combinations they might not all respond in exactly the same way.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jiri,

Defender is using multiple layers of security and we are constantly working on improving it even further so you should be fine with it alone

We don't have any official speed tests compared to Wordfence and iThemes Security plugins to give you a definitive answer on this, and as Gina mentioned it could depend on your plugin combination and server as well so it best giving it a try to see how your installation will behave.

Note that you could also start a thread in our Members forum where general discussions like these take place and you can get more information from users directly.

Best regards,
    Predrag