Definitions of the Directory User Capabilities

I'm struggling to understand what each of the capabilities do in the Directory plugin and wondered if anyone could help me understand what each of these do.

View listings.
View private listings.
Add listings.
Edit listings.
Edit published listings.
Edit private listings.
Delete listings
Delete published listings.
Delete private listings.
Edit others' listings.
Delete others' listings.
Upload files.

My main headache is trying to understand what private listings are?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello there!

Directory Listings are just Custom Post Types.

All of the capabilities you see above, when reading just replace the word "listings' with 'directory posts.'

Its the same as a wordpress post. Only created just for this Specific usage with a few different elements.

The settings are for the front end users to be able to edit/delete/create/etc all of the directory posts.

Does this help put it into context a bit better?

Best,

Kimberly

• Chingy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks Kimberly, helps a little but still leaves me a bit confused.

My main worry is that when a subscriber logs in and visits

/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=directory_listing&all_posts=1

They get to see all the listings ever made, along with all the users and the dates which they were published.

I'd actually not like them to see any of this information but the only way I can disable this page is if I uncheck Edit listings but this also stops them from editing their own listing :S

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.