Delete a multisite site and replace with same name

I need to delete one of my multisite sites that's gotten messed up (luckily in development stage). Then I want to set up a new site with the same address (just using subfolders - no domains involved).

I remember reading that I'll get an error if I do this, but I don't remember and can't find what the fix is. Does anyone know for sure?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings flojnel,

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention.

I need to delete one of my multisite sites that's gotten messed up (luckily in development stage).

Logged into the network admin dashboard go to --> Sites --> All Sites --> Choose site you want to delete click delete and follow through.

Then I want to set up a new site with the same address (just using subfolders - no domains involved).

This is a MultiSite install of the sub folder flavor?

I remember reading that I'll get an error if I do this, but I don't remember and can't find what the fix is. Does anyone know for sure?

Are you getting an error? If so what is it word for word please?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• flojnel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Discussed with NS Cloner support (that's the plugin I'm using for cloning sites) and they said it wasn't an issue. Deleted the subsite and started a new one with the same name without any problems. Big relief - apparently I'm remembering incorrectly.

Thanks for the assistance.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.