Delete images from folder

Is there any way to Activity plus plugin to delete images from folder were they are stored once deleted from from-end ?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings etobic,

Great question!

The challenge here I think will be determine which are active and which are not, otherwise it would probably be easy enough to automate via a cron job.

I am surprised that they are not deleted from your hosting when you delete them from the front end?

Have you tried deleting them via FTP?

Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings etobic,

obviously I can delete them with FTP but imagine tracing every user & every post end deleting them my self :slight_smile:

Oh yes this would be complete insanity no doubt.

Thank you for the video! I see that the files are not going into the temporary directory (tmp).

What is that full directory path to the folder with the tmp folder in it?

It is almost time to call in the lead developer in on this if I cannot figure this out shortly.

Please advise on the tmp path and look froward to hearing from you on this.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings welpix,

Sorry for the delay on this ticket.

TIP: To avoid delays in a reply and the way that our ticket system works, please do not bump on your own tickets or it will move it up the reply chain as a non aging ticket - since the ticket system will acknowledge it as a reply and not consider it aging in effect delaying a qualified reply.

Now that we have determined that the files are not being deleted when the admin deletes them from the front end and we know which directories that the files are in fact being stored in i.e. /wp-content/uploads/bpfb/ and /wp-content/uploads/bpfb/tmp

It is time for me to see about getting the lead developer in here for his advice/advise on getting these files deleted simultaneously when they are deleted from the front end.

Though this may take longer then a regular ticket, I will do my best to get the lead developer in here asap regarding this issue.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings welpix,

Just a quick update to let you know we have not forgotten about you nor your issue with the BuddyPress Activity Plus plugin and hopefully we will see the developer in here sooner then later with his invaluable insight into this plugin and possible solution thereof.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings,

There have been two updates to this plugin since this issue and ticket were created.

In version 1.4 it specifically mentions dealing with the image define issue.

Therefore for those that have not updated to version 1.4.1 please do so now.

I am closing this ticket marking it as resolved until there is evidence that this issue has not been addressed or still happening and a new ticket should be opened so that we can go through the entire troubleshooting of the individual installation issue.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.