Delete Me Plugin

I manage a large multiSite install that uses a template to clone a base site for new users.
During an update last year it appears that the Delete Me plugin was not reactivated on the template site. I now have users that can remove themselves from some sites but not other sites.

I have resolved the issue moving forward, but need to update the database so all sites have the correct options stored for the plugin

Do you know which table the DeleteMe plugin stores data. (the plugin appears to use serialized data)

• Scott Mahan

Thanks that helped.

I have done some testing and it appears that some sites don't have the plugin activated, others have the activated plugin but no settings set and some are working perfectly.

Two questions:

1: is it possible to force activate a plugin on all sites when the standard method of "network activate" fails .. ( no errors appear in the log files during this fail ) M

2: if it gets activated on all sites, is there an simple way to update the database so all sub-sites have the same settings. - We are running your multi-DB plugin to spread the 6000+ sites over 8 servers and 256 databases. Jude helped us set this up.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Scott,

1: is it possible to force activate a plugin on all sites when the standard method of "network activate" fails .. ( no errors appear in the log files during this fail ) M

First what comes to mind is to use MU plugins directory - plugins there are automatically activated on all sites. There are some cons ( https://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins#Caveats ) and you would need to test if this will work for Delete Me.

2: if it gets activated on all sites, is there an simple way to update the database so all sub-sites have the same settings. - We are running your multi-DB plugin to spread the 6000+ sites over 8 servers and 256 databases.

I don't see simple way to do that. That would require writing SQL query that would add record with those settings to all the wp_options tables and that query would need to be run on all databases (please note that Multi-DB plugin is legacy plugin and we provide only security bug fixes for it).
    SQL query would need to check if there is already record in table for that plugin - maybe also compare value of options (if on some sites those are working and on some sites not).
    If your are not familiar with writing SQL queries I can suggest hiring developer that could write that for you https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ - as this is quite complex task.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.