Deleted the description from the feature table, Pricing and now cannot add any text back

I deleted all the text from the Description for the upload quota in the pricing feature table and now I am unable to add any text back in as there is no text box to double click on. Can you please help

ta

Jonathan Hall

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jonathan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Our developers are already aware of this issue and are working on providing a fix for it. I'm not able to give you an ETA on this but I can assure you that this is an important bug. Therefore, I'm adding your thread to the report on the issue they got and hopefully the fix will be released soon.

As a temporary work around, please try creating a "custom feature" in features table with your description.

Best regards,
    Adam

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jonathan!

This is doable but please be extremely cautions as this is operation that includes making manual changes to the serialized array and in case of the slightest mistake it may break your site. I'd strongly advice taking a full backup before of the database before proceeding!

To make the change please follow this steps (I tried that on my own test setup using phpMyAdmin to edit database):

1. select "wp_sitemeta" table (I'm referring to default WP setup with "wp_" database prefix)
    2. select "Search" option
    3. search the table for "meta_key" of "psts_settings" value
    4. a single row should come up, edit it
    5. click inside the "meta_value" text box and user browser's search option (CTRL+F for Firefox/Chrome on Windows) to find "Upload Quota" string; hopefully there should be just one result.

This result should be a line like this:

{s:6:"module";s:21:"ProSites_Module_Quota";s:10:"module_key";s:12:"upload-quota";s:4:"name";s:12:"Upload Quota";s:11:"description";s:0:"";s:6:"levels";

6. What you need to do is to put your description between quotation marks after "descripion";s:0:

7. Here's my example of description:

{s:6:"module";s:21:"ProSites_Module_Quota";s:10:"module_key";s:12:"upload-quota";s:4:"name";s:12:"Upload Quota";s:11:"description";s:0:"This Is Upload Quota Description";s:6:"levels";

Make sure that you didn't use any quotation marks and apostrophes in your description text!

8. You need to precisely count characters (letters and blanks/spaces but excluding surrounding quotation marks!). In my example the description says: "This Is Upload Quota Description" and it counts exactly 32 characters.

9. Now update the s:0: value right before your new descriptions. In my example this would be changes to s:32: like this:

{s:6:"module";s:21:"ProSites_Module_Quota";s:10:"module_key";s:12:"upload-quota";s:4:"name";s:12:"Upload Quota";s:11:"description";s:32:"This Is Upload Quota Description";s:6:"levels";

10. You can now use "Execute" (or "Save" depending on the phpMyAdmin version) button to apply changes and in case there was no mistake, your description should be back and editable again.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam