Deleting a member and subscription

Hi there,

I am trying to delete members and subscriptions but seem unable to do that.

What is the best way to do that?

Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Are you wanting to delete the subscription or just drop a member from one?

You can delete any subscriptions by going to Membership>Subscription Plans and deleting any of them (a menu appears when you hover over the Plan Title).

You can deactivate members or drop a level from the Membership>All Members page. Or you can completely delete a user from the Users menu.

Does that help?

• bmk0220
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Same Problem. It's actually been a problem for a while. Doesn't seem to matter what you do in the Membership area as far as deleting a member or making them Inactive, doesn't work. I always have to go to the wordpress user area in Network Admin.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya bmk0220,

What happens when you click the 'drop' link or 'inactive' in the Membership menu? This works for me on my test install. The only time I can't remove a subscription/level from a member is if I've given them access to the membership rules.

Are you getting any javascript errors on this page in the admin?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Same Problem. It's actually been a problem for a while. Doesn't seem to matter what you do in the Membership area as far as deleting a member or making them Inactive, doesn't work. I always have to go to the wordpress user area in Network Admin.

Can you activate the repair and verify add on and run it for a quick check of your tables.

• bmk0220
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

tables are fine, also disabled EVERY plugin but Membership and still not working

Still can't deactivate or delete both members and subscriptions.

Again, this isn't a new problem. It's been one of Membership's issues for a while, among others. I just delete users from the main Wordpress user area, can't do anything about subscriptions though, except make them Private.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Again, this isn't a new problem. It's been one of Membership's issues for a while, among others.

I've not come across it before - other than on this thread. Can you try a delete and then check your PHP error logs and see if anything is reported in there?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.