deleting "leave a reply"

I have created multiple pages as place holders, however there is a "leave a reply" section at the bottom of all of them, except for the home page. What is the best way to get rid of the "leave a reply" section so that I can create a normal looking webpage. Thanks for the help. Cheers.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

You need to edit the comments file and function used in comments. Specifically the comment form call:

$form_args = array( 'title_reply', 'Leave a comment' );
    <?php comment_form( $form_args ); ?>

Or whatever phrase you want to output.

I'd suggest you use a child theme to do this.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@rozanighani that's how to turn off comments this may not be what the person wants but it may so lets keep both things up for now. However, probably a good idea to not link a non default screenshot, most use the post edit not quick edit. I say this as it can add to confusion.

@jlhiatt7 just to explain that method shown is if you use quick edit if you do not under your post edit screen just untick the ability to add comments. The original comment I made is if you wanted to allow comments 'but' change the text of the message.

Just let me know in this thread if you need any further help on this matter.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.